Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life Insurance Premium Increased

I have often wondered what was going to happen the next time I applied for health or life insurance, and I just found out. I had a life insurance policy with a fixed monthly rate in place guaranteed for 10 years before I agreed to the genetic testing that came back positive for PKD. The policy was just up for renewal this year and I was required to release my medical records in addition to participating in a medical exam.

Even though the exam showed that my kidneys were functioning well within normal my insurance premium was still increased by 400% above the rate I was originally quoted based on my age, nonsmoker, etc. Yes, that 400%

The insurance broker even went on to say that “I would be surprised” at what they can pull up on a national database that shows my medical history for things discussed or tested even if they came back negative. While this information is supposed to be protected as confidential between a doctor and patient, you are required to sign a medical release when applying for a premium. It is bad enough that they increase your risk factor for things that “could” be a problem even though they are not at the moment, but I was very disturbed that I was also being “dinged” for asking about things that came back negative.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! Your help is appreciated, Very very interesting article. Home Insurance Riverside, CA

Unknown said...

Job well done guys, quality information.
life insurance quotes

anjila smith said...

I truly get pleasure from while I read your blogs and its content. whole life insurance

agen sbobet said...

Superb posts with lots of information!!! This is really the most miraculous blog site dude….term life insurance rates for seniors

Natural Herbs Clinic said...

Polycystic Kidney Disease is a kidney disorder in which numerous cysts are formed in the kidneys. In such disorder inflammation of the kidneys occur because of the fluid buildup in these cysts.